Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Healing ...forgiving abandonment

I worked with a client this week who has struggled with becoming whole and healing her emotional wounds completely...This week we reached a major breakthrough with the forgiveness of her birth mom.

Here is her expression of her healing in this poem:








Eyes grow heavy
and breath short
Pain stabs
Aching in the bone

Oh momma
Im so sorry
So sad
You’re not here

Thank you
For telling me you love me
For kissing me
On the forehead

Oh mamma
You called me sweet child
Is that what I am to you?
No one has ever called me that.


Oh mamma
I know you’re gone
And that’s OK
Please hold me now

We’re connected again
I feel you
Such peace to have reconnected
Yet such pain to let you go

I feel so alone
I want to talk
I want to feel
But I am so scared

My missing you
is so big
and my memory of you
so small

Oh mamma
Please don’t leave me again
Just hold me
Be with me

Im so tired
Can I lay my head in your lap
Will you stroke my hair
Can I stay there til’ I sleep
And remain til’ I wake

No comments:

Post a Comment